PHOTIVE PH-BTE70 Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Review
When you have got nice wireless earphones, but somehow felt not satisfied with it, you go and look for much better earphones. I have felt the same way. That is why I marveled all through the dashing lists of the best wireless or Bluetooth earphones to look for the excellent ones.
I stumbled upon, actually by a friend’s recommendation, the Photive PH-BTE70 Bluetooth earbuds and found the features quite interesting. I have always wanted a great pair of earphones that I can use for working out, when I am out in a café or park or whenever I just feel like listening to music.
So I gave these earbuds a shot and tried them on. Pretty impressive, though. But still want to what the best features are? I would be glad to let you know. Keep on reading!
The Photive PH-BTE70 Bluetooth Earphones
The Photive PH-BTE70 Bluetooth wireless earbuds are probably one of the bests I have seen. It is loaded with striking features that every music lover would be impressed about. The sound quality, design, the connectivity and the overall performance are, I should say, remarkable. My listening experience has been an overjoyed ride with these Bluetooth earbud babies.
So if you are planning to get a pair of these, better read this complete review first. I bet you want to know what the best and the worst features are.
- Incredibly Comfortable, Secure Fit- The uniquely designed ear hooks form around your ears, so you don't have to readjust them endlessly. Designed to stay in place and not fall out
- Amazing Volume and Sound Quality- Advanced APTX sound and Bluetooth 4.0 technology delivers astonishing acoustics, with that deep bass you crave.
- Hours of music in between charges- The battery not only charges quickly, but also delivers up to 6 hours of playtime.
- Sweat to the Sound of your Favorite Beats- Sweat Proof. The Ideal headphones for sports, running, jogging, working out, cycling, at the Gym,or just hanging out listening to your favorite music and watching videos
- Convenient on-board controls on the earbuds allow you to answer calls, skip tracks and pause/play your music without the need to reach for your phone.
Last update on 2017-10-22 PST - Details
- Bluetooth 4.1 technology
- Secure and comfortable fit
- Advanced APTX sound
- Up to 6 hours of playtime
- Sweat proof
- Water resistant
- Crystal clear sound with vocals and acoustics
- Powerful bass and loud volume
- Offers 4.1 Bluetooth connection; applicable on both Android and Apple devices
- Can last up to 6 hours of battery life
- Features built-in buttons for easy access
- Comfortable and secured fit
- Water-resistant and sweat proof
- The Bluetooth connection gets disrupted at times
- The voice quality over the built-in microphone is not good and clear
- There are sometimes annoying crackling sounds
PHOTIVE PH-BTE70: Features and Benefits
How did the performance go? Take a look at these top features.
1./ Sound Quality
The Photive PH-BTE70 is equipped by an advance APTX sound which delivers crystal clear sound quality especially with the acoustics and vocals. The clarity is at its finest and you can feel all the instruments harmonize in perfection. But with such characteristic, does not mean it lacks of bass.
The bass adds an incredible oomph to the entire sound which makes each song in your playlist jive in every beat! It sure is strong and powerful but does not overpower. It has a perfect balance between the trebles and bass. So, even if you play your songs at a loud volume, the music booms but the clarity of the vocals and instruments retain.
2./ Bluetooth Connection
Just like what most Bluetooth earphones are designed with, the Photive BH-BTE70 sets up a wireless connection with a 4.1 Bluetooth. The initial pairing only takes seconds. Hence, quick and easy! It also automatically pairs once you turn on your device and Bluetooth connection.
Since it is designed with the latest Bluetooth version, you’ll expect a stable connection between your earphones and Android or Apple devices.
When it comes to answering the calls, you can control them effortlessly. The earbuds come with buttons that allow you to easily control all your calls - either you take them or reject them. If the music meddles with your calls, the buttons will also allow you to pause your music for a short while.
3./ Battery Life
Most wireless earphones can play without any lapses for at least 4 hours due to their battery’s life. But with the Photive PH-BTE70, the battery can last for as long as 6 hours.
You can definitely enjoy working out all day or with your morning routine with these earphones without any interruptions.
However, if the battery drops below the average level, these earphones will indicate it with a red light. You can also hear an audible voice that would notify you or alert you if your batteries already need charging. But as you charge the batteries and have them fully-charged, a blue light will tell you so.
4./ Design and Comfort
Because the majority of the people who would use these are, apparently, physically active, Photive focused on how to keep these earphones fit and comfortable.
If you take a closer look at the design, you’ll notice the hooks and earbuds. The hooks will attach on to your ears so that they will not loosen up or fall off. The earbuds also make them more fit and secured.
So if you are one of those who participate in various exercise routines or any physical activities, you can bring your music with you. You won’t need to worry about your earphones falling off. The Photive PH-BTE70 earbuds ensures you a secured fit and comfort.
The earphones also feature built-in buttons that allow you to access your music directly without the need to reach your phone. With just a touch of a button, you can turn the volume up or down, switch the earphones on and off, change the track in the playlist, reject, end, answer and redial calls.
Photive ensures top-notch quality with their PH-BTE70 earphones. Liquipel material is used to make the earphones water resistant and sweat proof. So when you work out or engage yourself into any physical activities, you won’t have to worry about all that sweat or water splash. Perhaps, when you run or walk under a heavy rain, you won’t have to worry as well. Your PH-BTE70 earbuds will retain the high-end sound quality with no further damages.
If you touch and check the hooks, you’ll notice how flexible they are. So even if you slip them inside your bag or pocket, there is nothing to worry about them breaking. The flexibility also makes the earphones adjustable to all ear sizes and shapes.
Do you want to see how the Photive PH-BTE70 performs? Watch the video below.
Because we always provide honest reviews, we want to inform you about the features you should watch out for. So, if the Photive PH-BTE70 has all those stunning features everyone would be amazed about, there are still downsides that you might also want to know.
- The initial pairing with the Bluetooth is just so effortless and fast. But, sometimes, the Bluetooth loses its connection when the device is placed in a pocket or bag.
- There are times when the battery won’t charge.
- The microphone does not deliver the best quality of the voice over the phone.
- A crackling sound occurs at times.
Who is it for?
These earbuds are designed to keep you on the beat while working out or taking some quick runs and warm-ups or just whenever you feel like binge-listening your playlist. The Photive PH-BTE70 earphones are perfect for those who are sports-inclined enthusiasts, athletes, or everyone who simply enjoys listening to music. The Photive PH-BTE70 will keep you hyped up!
PHOTIVE PH-BTE70 Reviews: What the Users Say
There had been a lot of reviews about these wireless earbuds – both negative and positive.
With regards to the positive feedback, users expressed their satisfaction for the Photive PH-BTE70’s sound quality. The highs, the mids and the bass were all balanced. You can hear the vocals, the instruments and the rhythm of the music quite clearly. The design had also impressed the users telling how comfy and secured the fit is.
On the other hand, the Photive wireless earphones also received complaints from some users. They found the Bluetooth connection unstable particularly when their device is placed in a bag or pocket. They also heard some annoying crackling sounds while working out. The microphone did not also impress some users. They found the voice quality unclear and poor while in a phone conversation.
What Else do You want to Know about the PHOTIVE PH-BTE70 Earphones?
- Can I use it for swimming? No, you can’t. They are water-resistant but does not mean they can be used for swimming. However, these earphones can resist water whenever you have to work out under a heavy rain.
- Does it pair easily with Apple devices? Yes, it does. The Photive PH-BTE70 earphones are built with 4.0 Bluetooth connection, the latest version, which connects effortlessly and quickly to Apple and Android devices.
- Can I connect these earphones to multiple devices at the same time? Unfortunately, you can’t. You can only connect them to only one device.
- How’s the noise cancellation? Can it block any ambient noise? It can block some ambient noise but not entirely. Though these are not designed as noise-cancelling earphones, they filter out the noise just enough to let you enjoy your music without any interruptions or annoying ambient sounds.
- What is the Bluetooth range? It can reach up to 30 feet.
- How long does it take to fully charge? It actually depends on how much charge is left. If the earphones did not reach the point where it was completely discharged, it may take 1 to 2 hours to have them fully charged again.
- Is a voice indicator available? Yes, it certainly is. When you turn on the earphones, an audible voice notifies you. The voice can also indicate if the battery is low. However, if your music reaches the maximum volume level, the sound feature takes place and alerts you.
PHOTIVE PH-BTE70: Alternatives
If you feel like the Photive PH-BTE70 earphones are not your typical type, you may also check out these alternatives. We have jotted down the highlight features.
1./ Phaiser BHS-730
Phaiser BHS-730 delivers excellent sound quality with the balanced performance between the bass and trebles. The ergonomic design also keeps a comfortable and secured fit while you work out or get into physical activities. The Bluetooth connection has also been one of the most outstanding features, which every wireless earphones should have, that provides stable and quick pairing with Apple and Android devices.
- Features 4.1 Bluetooth connection – the latest version - which ensures fast and easy pairing.
- It is waterproof and sweat proof.
- Offers 4 to 6 hours of battery life.
- It gives high-quality sound with powerful bass and trebles with no distortions.
The drawbacks users found about the Phaiser BHS-730 are the Bluetooth range and battery life. The range of the Bluetooth connection seems short. Compared to other brands, the battery life is shorter.
2./ Powerbeats3 by Beats
Beats has always been one of the excellent brands for wired and wireless earphones. If you want to try how their earphones perform, the Powerbeats3 can be a great option. Probably one of the most impressive features is the battery life. Once fully charged, the battery can go up to 12 hours! So if you often work out or take activities out in the field for long hours, the Powerbeats3 won’t give up on you for one whole day.
- These earphones are water-resistant and sweat proof.
- It delivers excellent sound quality with a powerful bass. The bass is punchy and thick but not overpowering. It can be perfect for hip hop or heavy metal music. But they also work perfectly with other music genres.
- There are no distortions even at the loudest volume. The loud volume also makes these earphones noise-cancelling and loud enough to drown out the sound of a train.
The unimpressive notes about the Powerbeats3 are the price and fit. Since they are under the Beats line, they are expected to be more expensive than the other brands. Some users also did not like the fit and found it, somehow, uncomfy.
The Jabra Sports Coach wireless earphones are comfortable and offer excellent sound quality. And if working out is your top activity ever week, these might be the best buddy to bring with. This is the first ever wireless earphones with automatic rep counting. It is also integrated with a Sport Life App that sets your training goals and overall workout performances.
- Features a superior sound with passive noise cancellation and enhanced bass with Comply foam tips.
- These earphones can also be your best partner for a smarter training. They automatically count your reps, distance, pace, step, count, cadence and calories burned. The in-ear audio coaching will assist you.
- They are sweat and weather-resistant.
- The Comply foam tips and Ear Gels offer a secure and comfy fit. Available in three different sizes.
- Integrated with a Sport Life App that tracks your work out performance in real-time. It creates customized workout circuits, analyze workouts and measures your fitness levels.
The users were not impressed with its durability. Some complained how they only lasted for a few months. There were also issues regarding the charging. It came to the point where they won’t charge.
The Verdict: Overall Performance
After a careful and thorough evaluation about the Photive PH-BTE70 wireless earphones, I could say that the overall performance is pretty impressive. Referring to the sound quality, it gives out a decent sound with a balanced combination of the trebles and bass. The vocals and instruments are clear, crisp and powerful.
The Bluetooth connection performs well, though there had been issues with the stability. The product indicates a limit of 30 feet range, but sometimes it gets a bit disrupted even if it is within the limited range. The built-in microphone was OKAY but I guess, this should be improved. The voice quality over phone conversations is not as clear as they should.
On the other hand, if you really are looking for a nice pair of wireless earphones that will keep you hyped up with your workouts and activities, the Photive PH-BTE70 would be a good way to go!